Selecting the Right RV Insurance Coverages
Selecting the right coverage is a balance of "right now" and "right for the future." What does that mean?
It means coming up with the right balance of coverages, deductibles and services that makes sense for you, and taking into account:
- The type of recreational vehicle you are insuring: are you looking for motorhome insurance, travel trailer insurance or 5th wheel insurance?
- Your type of usage - when, where and how often
- Your family situation
- Your financial situation.
Where do I start when selecting RV coverage?
An expensive RV may require more money to repair. A leased or financed RV may require paying back the bank or leasing company should a total loss occur.
- When you have an expensive recreational vehicle or repairs are particularly expensive, consider higher levels of RV insurance to accommodate these higher costs.
Have you customized your RV with permanently installed features?
- Consider specialized RV insurance from the Good Sam Vehicle Insurance Plan that includes Permanent Attachments Coverage: Automatically insure permanent attachments for the full amount it would cost to replace them - not a depreciated amount.
- You can also consider higher coverage limits to reflect the enhanced value of your vehicle.
If your RV is stolen or a total loss, do you have the funds to replace it?
- Consider special coverage to protect your investment, like Optional Full Replacement Cost Coverage offered through the Good Sam Vehicle Insurance Plan: If your RV is totaled or stolen (and not recovered) in its first five model years, it will be replaced with a comparable new RV, even if you're not the original owner. After the first five model years, you will receive your full original purchase price - not a depreciated amount - toward the purchase of the replacement RV. Replacement Cost Coverage must be purchased during the RV's model year or within the following four years.
- This Optional Full Replacement Cost Coverage protects you from depreciation - you could save thousands! If that isn't reason enough to sign up for recreational vehicle insurance, we don't know what is!
If you suffered an injury in an accident - even a minor one - would you have medical coverage through an employer or other means to pay for those expenses?
- If not, Medical Payments coverage is very important.
These are a few things you'll need to consider when finding the right mix of coverage options for you. For more information, get an RV insurance quote or call 1-888-514-1116 for expert assistance in selecting the best RV insurance coverage for you and your family.
Designed to protect your residence and also your peace of mind.Learn More
Multiple vehicles? Then multiply your savings!Learn More
It's free. And it only takes a few minutes.