Get A Quote
tool tip

Get Informed

If you're a full-time RVer and live in your recreational vehicle, you need coverage similar to Homeowners.

Whatever vehicle you drive, under-inflated tires are unsafe and costly.

Homeowners Insurance

Homeowners Insurance Designed to protect your residence and also your peace of mind.


A| B| C| D| E| F| G| H| I| J| K| L| M| N| O| P| Q| R| S| T| U| V| W| X| Y| Z
A licensed representative who can provide information and recomendations on RV, Auto, Home, Motorcycle and other insurance coverages.
Anti-Theft Device
A tool designed either to reduce the chance a vehicle will be vandalized or stolen, or assist in its recovery. Examples include decals, alarms, keyless entry, starter, ignition and fuel disablers, motion detectors and tracking systems.
Professional inspection of a vehicle or property after an accident or covered incident in order to estimate the damage and cost of repairs.
Auto & RV Insurance
Auto and RV insurance protects you and your family from legal liability resulting from an accident or in the event that your vehicle is vandalized, damaged or stolen. Providing coverage to pay for automobile and RV repairs, doctors and hospitals in case of injury, repairs to property such as mailboxes or fences - these are just a few of the things that automobile and recreational vehicle insurance help with. Review each coverage with your licensed insurance agent to see which coverage will provide the benefits and protection you deserve.

Bodily Injury Liability Coverage
Bodily Injury Liability Coverage takes care of injury or loss to other people caused by your covered vehicle. It also helps pay for your legal defense costs if you are charged with causing harm to others with your car or RV.
You should also keep in mind that if you lease or finance your car or RV, you may need higher liability coverage limits. Be sure to check with the lien holder or lease-holder to determine the appropriate level of coverage required in your case.
Bodily Injury Limits
A bodily injury limit is the maximum amount of bodily injury liability coverage you select when purchasing an insurance policy.
Any amount over this selected bodily injury limit may be your out-of-pocket responsibility. To safeguard your assets, you may wish to select maximum coverage limits.

An event that causes massive devastation, such as a tornado, hurricane, typhoon, flood or hailstorms.
A request to an insurance company for payment to cover a loss.
Filing claims and paying out claims are handled according to your insurance company's procedures and your insurance policy.
The person presenting their insurance claim to the insurance company for payment.
Collision Coverage
Covers damage to your vehicle caused by a collision with another vehicle or object, or a vehicle rollover. While subject to deductibles and limits, your car is covered no matter who caused the accident.
Combined Single Limit (CSL)
A single limit amount that can be used as needed for either property damage or bodily injury. For example, a CSL of $200,000 per accident means that the maximum amount the insurance company would pay for all bodily injuries and property damage caused in one accident is $200,000.
Commercial Vehicle Insurance
Coverage for a variety of business-use vehicles from personal autos to light-duty commercial trucks to medium-duty and heavy-duty trucks for a variety of business types.
Condo Insurance Policy
Condo Insurance is a specific type of homeowner’s insurance designed for Condo and Co-op owners. The Condo Association's Master Policy usually covers the building structure and common areas, but your Condo Insurance is what protects your personal belongings from named perils such as fire, storms, lightning, explosion, wind damage and theft.
Condo Insurance policies also generally cover improvements you've made including private balconies or entrances, special fixtures or other additions to your property not covered by the Master Policy. Personal liability insurance is also your responsibility, and like a homeowner, if someone is injured in your unit, you may be considered responsible for the losses that occur.
Consumer Credit Information
Consumer credit information that can be used in determining your insurance score and driving history. Your insurance score is used in the calculation of your auto and recreational vehicle insurance premiums where permitted by law.
The dollar amount of protection and benefits you choose in your insurance policy in the event of a loss. Examples include bodily injury and collision coverage.
Customized Equipment
Permanently installed parts and equipment like customized wheels, spoilers, paint, decals and sound systems which were not originally part of the original factory vehicle.

Declarations Page
The Declarations Page is usually the first page of your Auto, RV or Home Insurance policy. It specifies the details of your coverages, including coverage limits and deductibles.
The amount of money you are responsible for paying out of your own pocket when a loss occurs. A deductible is a standard element of any vehicle insurance policy. You can save on monthly premiums by setting a higher deductible in your insurance policy.
Defensive Driving
Techniques designed to make drivers more aware of their surroundings, reduce accidents and stay safe on the roads.
Many insurance companies offer discounts on insurance premiums to teenage and elderly drivers who have completed one or more recognized defensive driving courses.
DWI (driving while intoxicated) and DUI (driving under the influence) are legal violations that appear on your driving record if you were found to be legally intoxicated or under the influence of drugs or alcohol while operating a motor vehicle. Either a DWI or DUI on your driving record will increase the cost of your insurance.
Dwelling Coverage
Protects the value of structures on your property, like your house and garage, according to what is specified on the declarations page of your home insurance policy.

A specifically written modification to your insurance policy that modifies coverage. An example of an endorsement is a higher coverage amount for an appraised item with a value that exceeds what is provided in standard policy provisions.

Homeowners Insurance
Whether you live in a house, condo or apartment, homeowners insurance protects you and your assets from unforeseen events. Catastrophes like fire or other damage may mean temporary loss of home, damage to valuable possessions and a need for somewhere to stay until repairs can be made. Homeowners insurance also protects you against theft and vandalism.
Not only can safety and security devices such as fire and burglar alarms, sprinkler systems, and dead bolts help protect you and your family from harm - they can bring down your homeowners insurance rates.

Insurance Fraud
Intentionally providing false information, failing to provide information to an insurance company, or filing a claim with false information to collect payment illegally. Not only is insurance fraud a crime, but it causes insurance rates to rise for all consumers.
Insurance Premium
The amount you pay your insurance company on a periodic basis for the coverage provided.
Insurance Quote
A no-obligation estimate of insurance coverage options and costs.
Insurance Score
A confidential ranking based on various factors and information found on your consumer report.
An insurance score is one measure of the potential risk of loss. It is not a record of assets, income or demographic data. Insurance scoring is not used in all states.

Lapse in Coverage/Policy Lapse
A period of time when your insurance policy is not in effect. Your coverage will lapse if your policy is cancelled or terminated because you failed to pay the premium, misrepresented essential information in your policy contract or for other reasons that may vary by insurance company and state.
Liability Coverage
Coverage that protects your assets if you're legally responsible for injury or property damage in the event of an accident.
If you are at fault in an accident, you can be sued for the full cost of the damages. If this cost exceeds the amount of your Bodily Injury and/or Property Damage coverages, you may have to pay the rest. Speak with a licensed agent to ensure that you have enough liability coverage to protect your assets.
The person or institution that holds a security interest of your vehicle if you are financing it until it is paid off. You may have special insurance coverage requirements if you are financing your vehicle.
Stolen or damaged property and/or bodily injury that can be measured in a dollar amount and may be recovered through insurance.
Loss Prevention
Proactive steps that can be taken to prevent loss of your vehicle thus reducing insurance claims, including use of visible and audible deterrents, vehicle immobilizers and tracking systems.
Loss of Use
Generally refers to the inability to live in your home, condo or apartment due to damage or destruction during repairs. Home insurance policies providing Loss of Use coverage pay towards alternate accommodations in a similar dwelling while repairs or construction is taking place following a covered loss.

Master Policy
The insurance policy that governs the building where you live when you are a Condo owner. Master policies generally insure the structure of the building and common areas including the roof, stairways, elevators, foyer, basement and so on.
As a condo owner, you are responsible for carrying insurance that protects you and your assets from many of the same potential risks as a homeowner - theft or damage to your personal belongings, personal liability in the case that someone is injured on your property, and liability coverage for extras you may have added to your condo unit, such as specialized lighting or attached furnishings.
Medical Payments Coverage
Payments toward the cost of medical and funeral expenses resulting from injuries sustained in an accident involving a covered vehicle. Your expenses, as well as the expenses of other passengers traveling in your car, will be paid up to your selected medical payments coverage limit, regardless of who causes the accident.
Mexico Insurance Coverage
Mexican law requires vehicle liability coverage for when you are traveling in Mexico. Your U.S. policy may not include this coverage.
Motorcycle Insurance
If you ride a motorcycle, then you need specialized insurance coverage.  Motorcycle insurance coverage applies to a variety of cycle types like cruisers, touring bikes and sport bikes. It even covers classic motorcycles, golf carts and many ATVs.

Named Perils
Named Perils are specified causes of loss covered by your homeowners, renters or condo insurance policy. Your insurance coverage will itemize the perils (risks) for which you are covered. Named Perils include such things as wind, fire, lightning, hail, explosion, electrical surges, explosion, theft, vandalism and other potential causes of damage to property or people.
National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) is required by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and is the primary provider of flood insurance. Flood insurance is financially backed by the U.S. Government through the National Flood Insurance Program.
No-Fault Protection
This type of insurance protection provides coverage for your losses in the event of an accident, regardless of who caused the accident or who was at fault. No-fault protection is not available in all states.

Open Perils
This "special" policy protects your home from all perils except those specifically excluded, such as nuclear war, flood, or earthquake.
Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
OEMs are federally licensed to warrant and guarantee their parts, unlike providers of aftermarket parts. The Good Sam Insurance Agency guarantees the use of OEM parts in the repair of your vehicle following a claim, which helps ensure that your warranties are not compromised by the use of aftermarket parts.

Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) is a form of no-fault insurance required in states with no-fault laws. It pays for medical care, lost wages and replacement services for the injured party, regardless of who is at fault in an accident.
Property Damage Liability
Coverage for the damage your vehicle causes to someone else's property as the result of an accident, in which you are at fault. Your property damage liability coverage is the third number in the liability coverage split limits. For example, with liability coverage of 50/100/50, you would have property damage coverage up to $50,000.
Personal Liability
Personal liability coverage protects you in the event of an injury or other covered loss that occurs on your premises. For example, medical expenses may result from a visitor being injured at your home, condo or in your apartment. In the event that a lawsuit results, legal costs may also be incurred.
Something as common as a dog bite is an example of personal liability where a third party is injured and you may be responsible for medical and legal expenses that result. Personal liability coverage protects your assets when this sort of event occurs. For example, with liability coverage of 50/100/50, you would have property damage coverage up to $50,000.

Quote Form
A form allowing you to see the coverages and cost of a proposed insurance policy.

Rental Reimbursement
Pays toward the cost of renting a car while your car is being repaired as a result of an accident. The amount of rental reimbursement will vary according to your coverage limits. Coverage is usually sold in per day limits subject to a total limit.
RV Insurance
Coverage designed for most recreational vehicles, including motor homes, fifth wheel trailers, Airstream travel trailers, mounted truck campers and more. Specialized RV coverage from the Good Sam Insurance Agency provides the features RVers need that are not normally available with ordinary auto insurance policies.

Short Rate Penalty
A charge by some insurance companies when a customer cancels their coverage early.
Soft Credit Inquiry
When an insurance company requests a copy of your consumer credit information, this is recorded as a "soft" credit inquiry. It does not affect your credit score. This type of inquiry is used as part of the calculation of your insurance score, which assists insurance companies in determining your rates.
Split Limits
Three numbers are used on your insurance policy to describe the amount of liability coverage you are carrying. For example, your liability coverage may be represented as 25/50/25. In this example, your (the insured's) liability coverage limits are $25,000 for bodily injury per person per accident, $50,000 total for all injuries per accident, and $25,000 for property damage per accident.
An SR-22 may be required when insuring a driver with a record as a previously uninsured motorist, DUI or DWI, license suspension or other major driving violations. It is a certificate that proves you have auto insurance based upon the financial responsibility laws of your state.
An SR-22 is provided by your insurance company to the DMV.

Third Party Coverage
The "third party" is anyone other than the insured or the insurance company who might potentially be involved as the result of an accident involving your covered vehicle. Third Party Coverage protects you against possible lawsuits that might be filed by a third party.
Total Loss
Automobile or property damage sometimes requires more money to repair than the value of the vehicle or the property involved. Because repair costs would exceed the value of the car or property, the loss is considered "total."

Uninsured Motorist Coverage
Uninsured Motorist (UM) Coverage covers damages and injuries resulting from being hit by an uninsured or hit-and-run driver. UM coverage varies by state.
Some states treat Underinsured Motorist Coverage and Uninsured Motorist Coverage separately, while some states combine UIM and UM coverages.

Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
A unique identification number for your vehicle (Vehicle Identification Number) consisting of 17 characters and marked on motor vehicles, trailers, motorcycles and mopeds. It is used to provide the model, make, year and other unique identifying information about your vehicle that is used to assist in calculating insurance rates.
Since the VIN is on both your car title and your registration, it can be used to track your car's history. For example, if your car was rebuilt from salvage, you can trace this information through the VIN. This is the type of vehicle history that impacts value and potentially your insurance coverage and rates. Your VIN can usually be found on your vehicle's dash by the windshield, driver's door, steering column or other locations.
Vacation Liability
Takes care of expenses for property damages or bodily injury if someone is injured in or around your parked RV.